Wednesday, May 29, 2013

SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER

Sweet Hour Of Prayer
Recorded by Hank Snow
written by William B. Bradbury and William Walford



G                          C
Sweet hour of prayer sweet hour of prayer
     G               D7
That calls me from a world of care
    G             C
And bids me at my Father's throne
     G                D7     G
Make all my wants and wishes known

   C             G
In seasons of distress and grief
   C              G       D7
My soul has often found relief
    G               C
And oft escaped the tempter's snare
   G                D7      G
By thy return sweet hour of prayer

                           C
Sweet hour of prayer sweet hour of prayer 
    G                       D7     
Thy wings shall my petition bear
   G                   C
To him whose truth and faithfulness 
  G                D7      G
Engage the waiting soul to bless

    C                G
And since he bids me seek his face 
  C                  G         D7 
Believe his word and trust his grace
     G              C
I'll cast on him my every care 
    G                   D7      G 
And wait for thee sweet hour of prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment