Thursday, May 30, 2013

DAN, DAN, DAN-I-EL

DAN, DAN, DAN-I-EL


(chorus)
Dan, Dan, Dan-i-el, Come out of Israel,
Call on the good Lord and pray.
Mighty kings rose and fell 
And honored Dan-i-el,
That's what the bible tell,
That's what the bible say.

Old King Belshazzar, asked his friends to dine,
Used the stolen dishes of the Hebrew's for the wine,
Suddenly a hand appeared with writing overhead,
The king he sent for Daniel to read him what it said.

"Mene, Mene, Tekel", that's what the words did say
"Weighed in the balance, it means your judgement day,
You're found to be lackin' let punishment begin,
Mene, Mene, Tekel, U-phar-sin."

Daniel he prepared and he had an honored name,
But there were lots of people who were jealous of his fame,
They told the king to put him down inside the lion's den,
To see if Daniel's God would come along and save him then.

"Dan-i-el, oh Dan-i-el", he said, "I'm not afraid,
Of any living creature that the mighty Lord has made.
The Lord is my brother, that's what the bible tell,
Move over brother lion, I know we'll both sleep well."

Old King Darius couldn't sleep at all that night,
He peeped inside the Lion's den as soon as it was light,
He said, "This is a miracle and now with all my soul,
I render praise and honor to your God who kept you whole.

10 comments:

  1. I had this song on an album (vinyl) but can't find it anywhere. Any thoughts?

    HELP! (It was my favorite!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an album with this on it and my favorite song about Samson and I cannot find it anywhere!!!!

      Delete
    2. Bible Songs Old Testament by Terry Gilkyson 1958

      Delete
  2. I had that album too. The Lord He thought He'd make a man, Dreamer, Dreamer daddy's little pet, bible tells of a boy named David. Wish I still had it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find the record if you go to MusicStack and search for Bible Songs Various Artists Golden Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have this album somewhere from when I was five years old but it was too scratched to play, at last check. I haven't been able to track it down but I'll try Sharon's suggestion. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The album may be "Bible Songs and Stories."
    Composer/Vocalist: Terry Gilkyson. Chorus: Arthur Norman Chorus. Orchestra/Conductor: Mitch Miller.
    Publisher: Golden Records [1957]
    Series: Golden Bible Songs. Old Testament, no. 1

    You can find some of Gilkyson's Bible songs on Amazon Music (free through Amazon Prime): "8 Bible Stories: Great Songs from the Old and New Testament" https://music.amazon.com/albums/B0011GFKHK?do=play

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Carol... found some of the songs from my childhood. but not DAN, DAN, DAN-I-EL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. me, too. I had the same album. Would love to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's Dan Dan Daniel on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4RtdqMSWIo

    ReplyDelete