Thursday, May 30, 2013

A SINNER'S DREAM

A SINNER'S DREAM
Sorry, I Never Knew You 

Last night as I lay sleeping a dream came to me. 
I dreamed about the end of time, about eternity. 
I saw a million sinners fall on their face and pray 
The Lord just sadly looked at them and this I heard Him say: 
Sorry, I never knew you, I have no record of your birth. 
Sorry, I never knew you go serve the one that you served while on earth. 

Well I thought that the time has surely come when I must face my trials 
And I told the Lord that I had been a Christian all the while. 
And through his book he took a look and sadly shook his head 
He placed me over on the left and this is what he said:

Sorry, I never knew you, I have no record of your birth. 
Sorry, I never knew you go serve the one that you served while on earth. 

Well I saw my wife and children, I heard their loving voice. 
They must have been so happy, O how they did rejoice. 
Their robes of white around them, a crown upon their head. 
My little girl looked up to me and this is what she said: 

Daddy, we can't go with you, we must dwell in the joy of our Lord. 
Sorry, but we still love you, but you'll never be our Daddy anymore. 

And then I awakened, the tears were in my eyes 
And looking all around me and there to my surprise 
There was my wife and children, I knew it was a dream. 
So kneeling at my bedside you should have heard me scream! 

Father who art in Heaven, I know you gave your only Son. 
Forgive me and let me serve thee, for I want to be ready when He comes.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. My dad came to the Lord many years ago when this song was sang a the altar call! He died last year and is in his heavenly home! praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about the Truth this AM, understanding that Christ Jesus Is The Truth & how he The Truth was Nailed to The Cross, from that moment His Words Of Life were Locked into Eternity! I the thought came, You Don't play With the Truth! It is now Eternal, then I thought of this Song, we song so many times in Church Services & the Dad's & the Moms, anyone whose heart was Not Right with God, broken would come to the Alter & give their heart to God & be Re-Born again,in spirit & in Truth, to secure their Home in Heaven with their families & Children!Don't be a fool! Don't play with The Truth! Come to Jesus Now!
    Love & Prayers in Christ Jesus, this Song also appliesp to Mommies, Brothers, Sisters, Aunt's Uncle's, Friends, Sinners, Princes & Kings!
    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Evelyn for singing this song in church when I was a young boy

    ReplyDelete