Thursday, May 30, 2013

CALVARY

CALVARY



Like a lamb to the slaughter, like a sheep before it's shearers.
From the manger to the grave, like a beggar, just a slave.
Born in poverty, died in cruelty, suffered agony just for you and me.
Tell me how much I owe, I want to repay.

(cho.)
Calvary, oh Calvary won't you please please speak to me, 
Tell me how much I owe, I want to repay.
Then an echo rings clear, from the hills of old Judea,
Tell the lost, Tell the lost, Tell the lost.

If the hills could cry out, and the rocks could proclaim,
And the mountains could sing their glad refrain,
They'd say, Tell it, Declare it, Go sing it and share it.
Sacrifice, there is no price too great to repay.

9 comments:

  1. who wrote this song? I can't find any other lyric or the song online? pls send me the song: splhstudios@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who wrote it. I found it in my mom's old songbook that she typed up. She used to sing so she had her own song book. She is 87 years old now. It didn't say on the song who wrote it. I wish I could help. We used to sing it all the time.

      Delete
    2. Tell Me How Much I Owe waa written by Marsha West Stanley from Beaumont Texaa area. She grew up in United Pentecostal Church in Livingston Texaa. Married Billy Stanley, a UPC evangelist. They pioneered a church in Utica NY.
      She passed away a few years ago. What a Talent and an Anointed Singer and Minister. A beautiful Lady and Friend!!!, Bill Morris.

      Delete
    3. My wife Maurine and I recorded this song in 1973 and I
      will use it today at the end of my message, "When Jesus Goes Back To Church" in relationship to the Corona virus Pandemic tragedy.

      Delete
  2. i really wanna know how this song goes...can u email me an audio format? i know im asking for too much but my mom really loved this song..i only remember the words...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have an audio format...we used to sing it in church when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookie,are you in Arkansas ? The original singers of this song is The TAYLOR Trio ...

      Delete
  4. I want to know how this song goes..can anyone help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsha and Billy Stanley were my pastor for many years. She has passed away and he still lives in Beaumont Texas. I remember her playing the panio and singing this song when I was just a teen,many years ago.

    ReplyDelete