Thursday, July 25, 2013

IF YOU BELIEVE

If You Believe
I heard about how Paul and Silas were in Jail.
nobody there, nobody there would go their bail.
But when they prayed,
They knew that God was on their side,
That Jail House door swung open wide.

Chorus:
If you believe, you shall receive;
There's not a trouble or care
The good Lord can't relieve.
Oh, He is just the same today,
All you have to do is trust and pray
And believe, you must believe.

When Daniel stood within the Hungry Lions den,
Nobody thought that there was any hope for him.
But all night long the lions never took a bite:
God took away their appetite.

Chorus: (repeated)

When David stood before the giant with his sling,
Goliath laughed at such a puny little thing.
But David knew his faith in God would stand the test;
He flung the rock, God did the rest.

If you believe, you shall receive,
There's not a trouble or care
The good Lord can't relieve.
Oh, He is just the same today,
All you have to do is trust and pray,
And believe, you must believe!

21 comments:

  1. Amen. I woke up this morning with this song in my heart. I couldn't remember all the words. How nice to have technology to help me out! Merry Christmas. I BELIEVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, woke up with this on my heart. One of my cousins used to sing this when we were growing up, implanted it into my heart. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a child our preacher and his wife would sing this song
    All I could remember was the chorus but now I know the verses
    Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and her husband also our pastor used to sing this song very deeply embedded in my heart.

      Delete
    2. My Dad was a preacher and he taught us this. I sing it all the time.

      Delete
  4. My mom and dad used to sing this song when we were kids. The words still ring true today. To the person who commented in Feb 2019, did the preacher and his wife live in Gibson City? If so, they were my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew a 19 year old who sang this song for his high school gospel choir. He passed away after sustaining tragic injuries as a result of falling off a cliff. His classmates got together for his funeral and wrote a third verse from his own poetry, and then sang it around his casket. This song will always be dedicated to him in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hear a woman from decades ago singing this chorus so had to look it up. Thank you for posting! I never wld have remembered the verses ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. How old is this song and who wrote it

    ReplyDelete
  8. This song woke me up from my sleep,I go to sleep with the tv on listening to Jimmy Swaggart.Thanks to google I found it❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. The song was written by Mosie Lister a well known gospel songwriter
    the copyright date is 1953. It is a fine song.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pls can I have the link to the audio of the song

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does anybody have video or music to this song? I can't remember tune to verses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does anyone have music or video to this song, tks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very inspiring. Love it. It has a strong message about faith in God

    ReplyDelete
  14. The above comment is from Laurence Knight.St.kitts. I was reflecting on Paul and Silas imprisonment in Acts 16:24-40 when I remembered to this inspirational song

    ReplyDelete
  15. All praise and thanks to God who put this Song in the writer's heart. It has no doubt encouraged many to believe in and commit their life to God. It is 11:23 am as I write this comment.Good bless

    ReplyDelete