Tuesday, March 4, 2014

DON'T GRIEVE YOUR MOTHER

1) 
Somebody's Mother is praying tonight
For her dear children out of her sight.
Anxiously waiting for them to come home,
Out of the nightfall, into their home.
(cho)
Don't grieve your mother, don't grieve her soul.
You'll find no other, on earth below.
Soon you will miss her, how sad and long,
Far from her presence, you will have gone.
2)
Some Mother's Darling, her own dear boy,
Down at the dream shop, sapping her joy.
Oh son, remember dear Mother's prayers,
How she is waiting, burdened with care.
3)
Some precious Daughter, Tho mother is old,
Yet she has wandered, far from the fold.
Don't grieve you Mother, who leaves you so soon.
Soon you will miss her from earth below.
4)
I had a mother, loving and kind
but she departed out from my view.
Well I remember how sad the day,
When she called us around her, as she passed away.
5)
Sweet to my memory, as fresh as today
When Mother taught me to kneel and pray,
Pointing to Heaven, that home above,
Where I will miss her, she whom I love.
(end)

No comments:

Post a Comment