Wednesday, October 1, 2014

FOLLOW ME

Follow Me

I traveled on a lonely road and no one seemed to care. 
The burden on my weary back had bowed me to despair; 
I oft complained to Jesus how folks were treating me, 
And then I heard Him say so tenderly, 
"My feet were also weary, upon the Calvary road; 
The cross became so heavy, I fell beneath the load, 
Be faithful weary pilgrim the morning I can see, 
Just lift your cross and follow close to me." 

"I work so hard for Jesus" I often boast and say 
"I've sacrificed a lot of things to walk the narrow way, 
I gave up fame and fortune, I'm worth a lot to Thee" 
And then I hear Him gently say to me, 
"I left the throne of glory and counted it but loss, 
My hands were nailed in anger upon a cruel cross, 
But now we'll make the journey with your hand safe in mine, 
So lift your cross and follow close to me. 

Oh Jesus if I die upon a foreign field someday, 
'Twould be no more than love demands, no less could I repay, 
"No greater love hath mortal man than for a friend to die" 
These are the words He gently spoke to me, 
"If just a cup of water I place within your hand 
Then just a cup of water is all that I demand. 
But if by death to living they can Thy glory see, 
I'll take my cross and follow close to Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment