Monday, September 22, 2014

I AM DETERMINED TO HOLD OUT TILL THE END

I AM DETERMINED TO HOLD OUT TILL THE END

When I first found Jesus, something o’er me stole,
Like lightning it went through me, and glory filled my soul;
Salvation made me happy, and took my fears away,
And when I meet old Satan, to him I always say:
Refrain
I am determined to hold out to the end,
Jesus is with me, on Him I can depend;
And I know I have salvation, for I feel it in my soul;
I am determined to hold out to the end.
Satan, he was angry, said he’d soon be back:
Just let the path get narrow, and he will lose the track;
But I’m so full of glory, my Lord I always find,
And I just say to Satan, Old man, get thee behind.
Refrain
This old time religion makes me sometimes shout,
I don’t have time to gossip, nor any time to pout;
They say that I’m too noisy, but when these blessings flow,
I shout, O hallelujah, I want the world to know.
Refrain
When I hear the trumpet sounding in the sky,
And see the mountains trembling, to Heaven I will fly;
For Jesus will be calling, there’ll be no time to mend,
With joy I’ll go up singing, I’ve held out to the end.
Refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment