Friday, April 18, 2014

HE CAME A LONG LONG WAY FROM HEAVEN

He Came a Long, Long Way From Heaven

v.1 
I owed a debt I could not pay 
And it was growing every day 
But Jesus paid it all for me. 
On the cross of Calvary 
He died for to save both you and me 
What a Saviour!  I love Him, yes I do. 

cho. 
He came a long long way from Heaven 
To take away all sin and strife 
He came a long, long way from Heaven 
To give to us eternal life

v.2 
They crucified the Holy King 
But He was not the one to blame. 
"O Father, forgive them now," He cried 
And to the thief there at His side 
He said to him before He died, 
"This day be with me in Paradise." 

v.3 
A greater love was never shown 
A greater man was never known 
Than Jesus, this lowly Nazarene 
Although He never had great fame 
There's healing power in His great name 
He's my Saviour.  I hope you know Him, too.

2 comments:

  1. Who is the author of this song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the author but iu learned it many year ago and i love itI forgot the words and want to sing it again It is truthful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete